Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stay at Home Mom Imagines Strangling Husband

My hubby and I have been together for 4 wonderful years. For me, the thought of jump kicking him across his face is right up there with "how much I love him," and "how happy and lucky I am to be with him." As mean as kicking him in the face may sound, I would never do it. And besides, I would have to stand on a chair or something in order to get my leg that high. My problem with him now is here we have this beautiful 7 week old baby that I am lucky to spend all day (and night) with and my DH just can't understand why I'm not as active in the kitchen and around the house as I used to be. I sometimes feel it is my son's personal mission to ensure things like cooking dinner and doing laundry are not done. However, I am not sure how many moms won a case with "our child deplores when we eat! And loves when we stink!" Let me also add that ever since my husband joined the Air Force, he has been eating enough to feed a small village in a third world country. So how do I make him understand? How do I make him understand that I would love to sing and dance as I make dinner, and fold laundry as blue jays poop rainbows and butterflies over our house? However, the reality is the only gourmet meals I make now a days come out of my breast and unless he wants to share the same diet as Sean, I suggest he be a little bit more thankful for Chef Boyr-Microwave. So here we are. At the end of the day, no matter how much I reason, I am left standing behind him with my hands reaching out.. ready to squeeze...

Just a vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment