Sunday, April 18, 2010

Moments in Passing

He's been telling me
Everything will work out.
He says,
"There is no time to
rush time
because there will
be plenty of time
in due time
pump ya breaks,
little mama."
He makes time
feel infinite
He speaks to me
so intimately
He puts his feet
up on my furniture,
Snoozes my alarm clock
in the morning
He makes the addiction feel right
the pressure comes off
at once so it
must be right.
He whispers pleasures in
my ear
Teases me with opportunity
to be something else
to do something else
to make something else
to make love to this moment.
He makes me lust for it.
He invites my mind
to wander,
He plays with my curiosity.
He tells me,
"All we have is this moment.
we walk fine lines to
flirt with deadlines,
It's a fix we can't get enough of it."
I want to leave him
to pick up
and go
somewhere he can't find me.
Go to rehab.
This is the time when I need
A Time Machine
To go back
and never meet him
But Procrastination is hard to forget
He is a hard habit to kick
And Procrastination...
Will always find me...

No comments:

Post a Comment